Tuesday, June 9, 2015

You Mean the World to Me

My mojo has been with me, I just couldn't find a spot to sit and scrap because I haven't been cleaning as I go... My table hath overfloweth with stuff. So I "found" my table while I was off work today and made the layout that had been on my mind. I found this photo with the other photos of the my Daddy's retirement party. I was going to scrap it first, but got stuck, so I scrapped all the other photos from that party which I've already shared. I LOVED using the May Clique Kit ,Carnival for these layouts.
I actually thought I had lost the photo. I kept moving those photos around with the kit, and when I decided I wanted to work on this one, I couldn't find it, until today. It had fallen off the table and under a shelf where I store some of my scrappy supplies. As soon as I found it, I sat down with the kit leftovers and scrapped it! I made a background paper similar to it's "sister" pages and did a lot of journalling. I'm really happy with how it turned out.



 The title card is one of the Clique Kits exclusive 4x6 cards that come in the kits.  It was my favorite card in this kit, and I'm so happy to have it on my layout rather than taking up room in my stash and not getting some layout love! I'm trying so hard not to hoard my things, but get them used. I made an error in my journalling, I left the "n" out of the word and, and pretty much stopped writing when I did that. Sometimes I keep going and just decide to leave the mistake, but since I noticed it while I was doing it, I picked up a scrap from some of my paper layers and correctly spelled "and" and glued it over my error. I really love the look of that painted doily, I'm so glad I saved it for this layout! 

More good news, I found some Project Life albums on steep sale over the weekend and picked up a couple, the albums I have here were getting overly crowded and I have some layouts just hanging out in page protectors. NOW they can go into albums as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 
If you haven't seen my latest video, it's of my most recent KIT HAUL!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)