Friday, June 12, 2015

I am choosing Happiness

Clique has another great summer workshop going this year, it's called I Am Gold. They have a lesson every week on what a different designer did with their special I am gold kit (sorry it sold out quick). But they are providing the class content for sale on their site and I have started what will be a mini album for me (specifically a 6x9 Simple Stories black and natural chevron burlap album).  The purpose of this workshop is to get you to put you in your scrapbook more. My scrapping is already very much about me and my life (I have no kids), but this is a big year for me (I turned 40) and my father passed away, so this book specifically is dedicated to how 40 is going and how I'm dealing with that big change in my life.


I'm having a little trouble photographing the pages in the protectors, but this is the first one I finished. I have dug into my stash to add my favorite washi tape (I'm so scared I'm going to run out of it soon) and some AWESOME cork hearts, which I am also moving to my stash of stuff for this album. The stickers and papers came from the kit. I also added a gold doily and some sequins to this spread. It's going to be HEAVY on the journalling, because it is! And I like it that way. That's me in that top pic all the way on the left. A happy shot with my sisters, my Daddy and me! Thanks so much for checking in on me, to see what I'm up to... 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Charity!! I turn 40 next year which I feel like is a big deal too :) Thanks for the inspiration to document it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)