Saturday, May 16, 2015

Sending Prayers & Love & Hugs

I was really inspired by the Monday Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp blog. I LOVE my Ugly Sweater stamp set that I got around Christmas this past year and I love that wearing a cardigan sweater feels just like giving yourself a hug. I altered the stamped sweater image using a Faber Castell Artist Pen to make it into a cardigan, then watercolored the sweater with worn lipstick distress marker and stamped hearts from the Sending Happy Thoughts stamp set. I did use both hearts from this set. The Greeting is also from Sending Happy Thoughts. I used a sticker from Bella Blvd and some October Afternoon Alphas and a strip of Washi, a watercolored doily and a tag over background paper from Amy Tangerine to complete my card. It turned out Just right!


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of that stamp!! I love that you took a "Holiday" set and turned it into something new...and wonderful! Bravo! Thanks for sharing with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. What a sweet card!
    ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card! Love the layers and the sentiment goes great together with that sweater. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, especially with the Ugly Sweater stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)