Saturday, March 14, 2015

Dig Daddy




This is actually the first layout I completed using the March Clique Kits J'adore kit! It's my Mother's Father and really I just sat down with the kit, and started cutting  up some of the papers to make the mini that I actually was inspired to make when I first saw the kit contents, and there was some watercolor paper laying out on the table and this story of my grandfather taking my cousin and I for ice cream (specifically chocolate dipped ice cream cones from the Dairy Queen) just came to mind, so I wrote it out, threw some gelato color on the page and texted my mom for a photo of my grandfather. I had some frames and these wood veneer people in an iris container leftover from previous Clique Kits (I throw my bits into a container together sometimes). Those stamped ice cream cones are from Lawn Fawn : Here's the Scoop They are stamped with Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink ( I colored over the ice cream a bit with a brown marker trying to make the "dipped" part)
The cardstock was from my stash, but that background paper is my FAVORITE one from the kit, then I layered the add on papers from Bella Rouge under my photo. Those tones in the paper, I just love them for the  and those phrases from Cosmo Cricket, sigh... love those!



I'm noticing a trend for myself to just freehand cut my papers, I'm gonna see how this plays out, I'm just too impatient to pick things up off the trimmer to use it sometimes ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)