Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Coloring can be theraputic...

So I've been watching some coloring videos by Kristina Werner over at the Youtube. Every Wednesday she does a coloring video, she also colors lots of images for her regular Monday and Friday card videos. I love the watercolor look of distress markers, but I have a TON of distress inks and lots of markers, copic, sharpie, skerpie... so I don't really want to invest in more of the same. I have one blender pen from Stampin' Up that someone gave me more than five years ago and it still works beautifully for coloring with my distress inks. I took some time one day and some adorable Paper Smooches Stamps and just colored.

I only used distress inks for coloring, and I do not own them all. I think my collection totals 25 distress inks. I have been collecting them slowly over time. You can get some lovely shading effects with these and I love the look of the water coloring. I made a little card to send to a friend using these same inks for coloring and some Lawn Fawn Stamps that I got recently:

Because it was the closest black ink that I had, I did use Momento for this coloring and I think Staz-On would have been the better choice. I also just picked up a Faber-Castell artist big brush pen with black india ink inside so I may just use that in the future. You just want something waterproof if you are watercoloring.

I do love the shading, The chocolate cone is stamped with Jenni Bowlin Ink in Brown Sugar. I love those dye inks as well btw... :)

What's your favorite way to color your images? I do also enjoy some copic coloring but am LOVING the ease of the water coloring. You can also use a brush and actual water or one of those cool water brushes other than a blender pen for you coloring. I also tested using a blender pen with Prismacolor pencils and that worked ok as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)