Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Prepping for the future... or Trying to have some cards on hand ;)

I usually get into a panic when I realize that today/yesterday/tomorrow is someone's birthday or some special day that I'd like to send them a card, heck sometimes I just make cards because I have an image that makes me think of them. I was playing with gelatos recently (I have one set right now and am LOVING these colors so...) and wanted to play with some fun Lawn Fawn Stamps in my stash. I put together a few cards that could be birthday and some could really work for any occasion. I'll probably add sentiments when I get ready to send them out, but I'm loving how they turned out. I also used different 6x6 pads I had in my stash. The gelatos I just colored and brushed over with water on some thick watercolor paper. Then I stamped my images over them using black momento ink. I just got a black Faber Castell Big Brush Pen this weekend when I went to Scrapbooks Plus so next time I play with these, I'll probably use that.


This card for sure will get another strip of paper along the bottom with a sentiment... looks like I had more paper down there, then changed my mind... or a ribbon could cover that. I do love the gelatos, and I had a thing going where I wanted an ombre effect, can you tell?

The smiley hearts just make me smile right back at them. OMGoodness I love these little cards. 

I hope you've enjoyed the cards today, I had a blast coloring with those gelatos. I also picked up some more Art Anthology sprays this weekend while I was at Scrapbooks Plus. Things I should have gotten but didn't include an awesome pallette knife set that I looked over and could't quite convince myself I'd use... and some stencils but as soon as I got home I thought of a project for them, of course ;)

Hugs!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)