Thursday, August 1, 2013

You Can Make Funky Things

I have to say that before yesterday I hadn't played with Shrinky Dinks in many years. And I LOVED it as much as I did when I was a kid! Oh my, stamp an image, color with your favorite coloring tools then shrink them down (takes 3 minutes in my toaster oven. I made a whole bunch of little goodies, but today I'm going to share the first completed project. I made a bracelet. (not for me, but I'd totally wear this, maybe I need one too!)
(sorry for the glare...)

I used the Critters Ever After Stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I stamped out my unicorns. I began by lightly sanding my shrinky dink plastic (as per the instructions), then I stamped my images (I stamped them twice because I used Momento Ink the first time through and wound up wiping them clean off my plastic, the second time I used black Staz-On)I used copics to color the images, then I punched a hole where I wanted to place my jump ring and carefully cut out the image. Then you just pop them in the oven (I used a toaster oven) and watch them shrink. The instructions say you can use your heat gun, but  I didn't want to attempt the heat gun action with all the paper bits on my dining (read crafting) table right now. I do love how this turned out, and I hope Bella loves it. Ok, time to make something else with more of these hand made embellies... OH MY they are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)