Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part ;)

There have been several design team calls lately, a lot of them actually, it's that time of year. I have submitted to some in the past, but there is one that I always "wanted" to submit to and never actually did. I bought their products, had them in my stash, used them... and well, just didn't think I was good enough. But not anymore. My attitude about that sort of thing now is, well... the worst they can say is no. I like my stuff so why not submit. I did want to make some new projects because well, it had been a while since I did anything particular with their products and they have a lot of new stuff and I order more stuff online now than I used to as well as I have awesome places that will special order for me if I ask.

With all that being said, let's get to a project why don't we ;).



This card features so much that I love. It is kraft paper, it has a doily on it (and this doily isn't misted or painted or anything.... There are sequins and ribbon that I bought and had trouble using (for fear of running out) forever ago. And that LOVELY piece of ClearScraps acrylic! I started with the ATC size piece of Clearscraps acrylic, stamped a PaperSmooches sentiment on the acrylic in Staz-On ink, stamped the greeting on a 3x4 card from the cut apart sheet in the CratePaper The Pier collection, cut the sentiment out, glued it to the doily where I was going to line up the acrylic. I used the Doily Mascil, taped off the sections that were't the little triangles and added Ferro from Viva Decor in the color Graphite (yummy texture from this product too!) I allowed the Ferro to dry then attached the clear element to my card using of all things Fabri-Tac behind the triangle shapes. The sequins from the diecut pack of The Pier Collection was the finishing touch.

This card makes me smile!

I won't know for a while longer if I made the team, but I am really proud of myself for deciding that I can submit!

Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, fuel for bloggers. :)