Welcome to my blog! Thanks so much for coming by, if you came here from Pam at Scrapbook Flair then you have come to the right place, if not... just go back and start at the beginning over at Ellen's.
We are all geared up for the hop today because we have made holiday banners for special needs children, ages newborn to 21 who reside at Pediatric Specialty Care which is a group home for medically-fragile, technologically-dependent children in Bucks County, PA. I am honored to be a part of this hop and encourage you to visit every last stop both today and tomorrow (I'll be posting tomorrow's links for you then).
So for the details on my banner: I used Cosmo Cricket's Odds and Ends 6x6 paper pack and the Tutorial from Theresa Collins at MyCraftChannel to "create" my banner pieces. (and to stitch them together, it just photographed much nicer before the putting together...)
The letters are American Crafts Thickers in the font Umbrella that I painted with a purplely acrylic paint then covered with crystal colored stickles. The snowmen are from a TPC studio stamp set that I purchased last year, but I have seen them re-released this year in a rubber cling mount set rather than acrylic like mine. The little creamy snowflakes are hand-cut from the paper collection and the ink used to outline the pieces is from a Colorbox petal box of chalk ink (I didn't get the stickers on the petals so I could know my colors...I've had them forever)
I kept having ideas for really vintagy girly banners, but I wanted to make something that would work for anyone, especially a boy, which I thought might like some slightly glittered snowy elements, but still something a little boyish. Comments are welcomed everyone, and don't forget to go on over to Jessica next. Enjoy the hop!
Here's the full line up for today!
- Ellen ♥ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
- Ashley - http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com
- Lori at http://www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com
- Susan - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
- Shawnee - http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com
- Bobbi Jo http://sweetsassydiva.com
- Gina - http://californiascrappin-gcinderella21.blogspot.com/
- Donna Lee - http://ottersln.blogspot.com/
- Nancy - http://blog.fancywithnancy.com
- Pam - http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/
- Charity - http://scrapfaire.blogspot.com
- Jessica - http://thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com/
- Denise - http://vintageheartfeltdesigns.blogspot.com
- Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com
- Jennifer - http://craftycardgallery.blogspot.com/